Wearing perfume is an integral part in Arabs’ lives. In fact, market sales of the perfume industry in UAE grew to Dh1.55 billion or $423 million last year. Here are some fragrance-related facts that every perfume user should know.
- Arab men prefer strong and organic scents. Most of their perfumes contain spices, flower extracts, sandalwood, oud and musk.
- A hydrated skin retains perfume longer than the usual because it distributes easier. Apply lotion or moisturizer to spots where you usually spray your perfume to maximize the scent.
- Exposure to air, light, humidity and heat can make a perfume less fragrant. Make sure to put its cap after using. You should also keep it in a cool place.
- A specific scent can smell differently on people. Makers of perfume say that the way our body reacts and blends with perfume depend on genetics or food intake.
- Fragrance can influence our mood. If you are quite stressed, spray or at least smell a lavender-scented perfume. According to research, it fosters relaxation. If you’re sleepy, you can turn to a citrus-infused fragrance. It can boost you up.
- Have you experienced smelling different perfumes but felt like they smell just the same? When testing perfumes, refrain from smelling more than three scents in a row because it will be hard for you to determine their unique fragrances. Take several deep breaths to rest your nasal passages before testing another set of perfumes.
- The term “perfume” came from the Latin “per fume” which translates to “through smoke.”
- A popular perfumer named Jean Carles insured his nose for one million US dollars. This wealthy French man formulated the famous Miss Dior scent.
- Do not rub your wrists upon spraying the perfume. Most of us think we can diffuse scent with friction but it’s actually the other way around. Friction reduces the perfume’s scent because it blends with the skin’s oils and breaks it down.
- With German origin, “Eau de Cologne” is a lighter scent. This type of perfume contains water and has between 2- 5% essential oils. It is less concentrated compared to Eau de Perfum.
- Our nose can determine up to 10,000 odors or scents.
We hope you like this list! We are a perfume company in Dubai that offers mass fragrances, medium fragrances, mastige fragrances, deodorant body sprays and perfume gift sets. Kindly go to our website to view our products.